Some Current Obsessions
Some current food obsessions:
3. Clemmy’s Ice Cream: Now this is seriously the best. Sugar free ice cream does not sound amazing, but Clemmy’s is so amazing. I am in love! I do not have a favorite so go try them all.
4. Quinoa: I find myself eating this in some form for lunch everyday. I normally mix it with roasted heirloom cherry tomatoes, melted feta, herbs such as mint, basil, cilantro, chives, diced pepper, onion, cucumbers, and whatever leftover veggies and meats we have sitting around. It is so delicious, clean, and filling! Here is a recipe if you are too nervous to improvise.
- 1 1/2 c cooked quinoa (3/4 c uncooked, plus 1 1/2 c water)
- 3/4 c sliced strawberries (about 5-6 large strawberries)
- 1/2 c chopped or crumbled feta
- 1/4 c chopped mint
- 1/4 c chopped scallions (green and white parts)
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 c baby salad greens
- 1/4 c sprouts (optional)
- Lemon Honey Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little more to drizzle on at the end)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (plus a little more to squeeze on at the end)
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt & pepper
- Cook your quinoa. I like this method.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss all salad ingredients together and pour on the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. I added a final squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- This is the kind of salad that gets better as it sits and the flavors mesh together… so if you have the patience, let it chill for 15-20 minutes before serving. Make extra if you want leftovers for lunch the next day.
Found it here.